Back to Multimedia Page
Western Reserve Historical Society Aviation Films
The digitization of this film was done in memory of Warren Swift Weiant III (1928 -2012) who donated his father ' s aviation films to the Western Reserve Historical Society Western Reserve Historical Society. Taken by Warren Weiant. mpeg 16 mm. All of these videos and descriptions are from Digital Case.
These links will take you to the vidoes on Digital Case's website
- WRHS Air Race Film Acc #131.2.1 Clips of Weiant Aircraft Sales, Newark, Ohio; aircraft factory scenes, aerial scenes, and tri-motor passenger planes. 1929-30.
- WRHS Air Race Film Acc #131.2.5 Clips of Cleveland Air Races, a United States B-1 bomber, and finaly family home movies. 1934
- WRHS Air Race Film Acc #131.2.4 This clip feautures the 1931 Air races, a large airship, and aerial views of Goodyear Air Dock. 1931
- WRHS Air Race Film Acc #131.1.2 This appears to be newsreel footage of attempts at cross-Atlantic flights. Afterwards there are family home movies. 1926
- WRHS Air Race Film Acc #131.1.7 Aerial views of the Clevealand vicinity, Cleveland Municipal Airport, and a section entitled “My First Ride”;
- WRHS Air Race Film Acc #131.1.12 Cleveland to Detroit. Detroit Air Show. 1929
- WRHS Air Race Film Acc #131.1.14 Ohio Goodwill Tour: Newark, Columbus, Dayton; Marion, Toledo, Cleveland; Cleveland Air Show. 1929
- WRHS Air Race Film Acc #131.1.15 Cleveland Air Show scenes featuring female pilots, Charles Lindbergh, Blanch Noyes, the airship Los Angeles, and the Graf Zeppelin over Cleveland. 1929
- WRHS Air Race Film Acc #56.1 8/30/1929